Monday, November 20 2017
HILLTOWN TOWNSHIP PLANNING COMMISSION
REGULAR SCHEDULED MEETING
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2017
The regular scheduled meeting of the Hilltown Township Planning Commission was called to order by Chairman David Christ at 7:30 PM and opened with the Pledge of Allegiance. Also present were Planning Commission members Eric Nogami, Kirk Hansen, Terry Carnes, and Jon Apple, along with Township Engineer, C. Robert Wynn.
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – October 16, 2017 - Motion was made by Mr. Carnes, seconded by Mr. Apple and carried unanimously to approve the minutes of October 16, 2017 as written. There was no public comment.
3. PUBLIC COMMENT ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY: None.
4. CONFIRMED APPOINTMENTS:
a) Griffo Tract Subdivision – Mr. Jason Smeland, P.E., Lenape Valley Engineering, was in attendance to present the proposed subdivision of two parcels into three single family detached dwelling lots off of Haven Court and Hillcrest Drive. The proposed Lot 1, consisting of 3.07 acres, contains an existing dwelling/barn and is located partially within Perkasie Borough and partially within Hilltown Township. The proposed Lot 2, consisting of 0.89 acres, is located entirely within Perkasie Borough and is proposed for the construction of a single family detached dwelling. The proposed Lot 3, consisting of 10.02 acres, is located entirely within Hilltown Township and is proposed for the construction of a single family detached dwelling. Mr. Smeland reviewed Mr. Wynn’s review letter dated September 29, 2017 and highlighted the following:
1. A variance from Section 160-51.C(2) of the Zoning Ordinance regarding minimum lot width was granted on August 24, 2017 to permit Lot 3 to be configured as a flag lot in the CR-1 Zoning District.
2. The applicant must obtain subdivision plan approval from Perkasie Borough prior to plan recordation.
3. Waivers Requested:
a. SLDO Sections 140-28.P, 140-29.D, 140-35, and 140-36 – requires cartway reconstruction/overlay, drainage improvements, cartway widening, curb, and sidewalk along Hillcrest Road within the frontage of Lot 3.
b. SLDO Section 140-17.D – requires existing features within 100 feet of the site to be shown on the plan.
c. SLDO Section 140-25.C – requires proposed property lines to follow municipal boundaries.
November 20, 2017
d. SMO Section 305.C – requires stormwater calculations to be submitted assuming all existing manmade impervious surface areas are considered as meadow in the predevelopment condition.
e. Section 140-40 (erosion and sedimentation control) and SMO Section 401 (stormwater management) be deferred until such a time that a building permit application is made for the dwelling construction on Lot 3.
4. The ultimate right-of-way and title line of Hillcrest Drive will be dedicated to Hilltown Township as an easement.
5. A Sewage Facilities Planning Module will be submitted for Lot 3.
6. A capital contribution in-lieu-of recreation land dedication in the amount of $2,685.00 will be submitted prior to plan recordation.
7. All engineering/drafting detail items will be addressed.
Mr. Smeland stated the plan will go before Perkasie Borough next month and requested preliminary/final plan approval for the project by the Hilltown Township Planning Commission.
Motion was made by Mr. Carnes, seconded by Mr. Nogami and carried unanimously to recommend preliminary/final plan approval for the Griffo Tract Subdivision contingent upon all items contained in Mr. Wynn’s review letter dated September 29, 2017 including waivers A-E. There was no public comment.
5. PLANNING: None.
6. ORDINANCES: None.
7. OLD BUSINESS: None.
8. NEW BUSINESS: None.
9. PLANS TO ACCEPT FOR REVIEW ONLY: None.
10. PUBLIC COMMENT: None.
11. PLANNING COMMISSION COMMENTS: Mr. Hansen questioned Mr. Wynn on examples of invasive trees. Discussion ensued with Mr. Wynn detailing the types of invasive trees such as flowering pears and various other plants/bushes.
November 20, 2017
12. PRESS CONFERENCE: None.
13. ADJOURNMENT: Upon motion by Mr. Carnes, seconded by Mr. Hansen and carried unanimously, the November 20, 2017 Hilltown Township Planning Commission meeting was adjourned at 7:46 PM.
Lorraine E. Leslie
(*NOTE: These minutes were transcribed from notes and recordings and should not be considered official until approved by the Planning Commission at a public meeting).