Monday, June 18 2018
HILLTOWN TOWNSHIP PLANNING COMMISSION
REGULAR SCHEDULED MEETING
MONDAY, JUNE 18, 2018
The regular scheduled meeting of the Hilltown Township Planning Commission was called to order by Chairman David Christ at 7:30 PM and opened with the Pledge of Allegiance. Also present were Planning Commission members Terry Carnes, Eric Nogami, Kirk Hansen, Jon Apple, and Township Engineer, C. Robert Wynn.
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – action on the minutes of the April 16, 2018 meeting – Motion was made by Mr. Carnes, seconded by Mr. Hansen and carried unanimously to approve the April 16, 2018 meeting minutes as written. There was no public comment.
3. PUBLIC COMMENT ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY: None.
4. CONFIRMED APPOINTMENTS:
a) Living Hope Community Church Land Development Waiver: – Ms. Stephanie Wnuk, Renew Design Group, was in attendance to present the Living Hope Community land development waiver to construct several additions on an existing 8.75 acre parcel along the west side of Route 313 within the PC-2 and RR Zoning Districts. Phase 1 proposes a 1,100 SF building addition within an internal courtyard area, and a 1,066 SF multi-room building addition at the west side of the structure. An existing paved driveway at the west side of the building will also be expanded. Ms. Wnuk reviewed Mr. Wynn’s review letter dated May 14, 2018 stating they will comply with all of the items included in the letter and stating they will provide a fee-in-lieu of designing/construction of the stormwater facilities. Mr. Wynn clarified the waiver is only for Phase 1 of the project. It was noted public water is provided by Hilltown Township Water and Sewer Authority and contains an on-lot sewage disposal facility. Motion was made by Mr. Apple, seconded by Mr. Carnes and carried unanimously to recommend a waiver of land development for the Living Hope Community Church contingent upon the items contained in Mr. Wynn’s review letter dated May 14, 2018. There was no public comment.
5. PLANNING: None.
a) Omnibus SLDO Amendment: Mr. Wynn reviewed the SLDO clean-up ordinance containing the following: centralized mailboxes, the removal of providing linens, definitions, the number of plans for recording, the removal of the Park & Rec Board, design standards for the cluster mailboxes, final plan submission for recording, turnaround on cul-de-sac streets, clear sight triangle of 75 feet of intersections, removal of the Landscaping and Street Trees section and the
June 18, 2018
addition of a new Landscaping and Street Trees section, parking facilities paving material, pedestrian access between buildings, parking design circulation for fire trucks and other emergency vehicles, residential parking lots, planting strips at nonresidential parking lots, recreational facilities to be noted on the plan, and the deletion of the Zelkova Serrata as a planting material. Mr. Wynn stated if the Planning Commission do not have any issues with the clean-up ordinance, it will go to the Board of Supervisors for approval to send the ordinance to the Bucks County Planning Commission for review, and then back to the Planning Commission for their official recommendation. The Planning Commission confirmed they do not have any issues with the clean-up ordinance.
7. OLD BUSINESS: None.
8. NEW BUSINESS: None.
9. PLANS TO ACCEPT FOR REVIEW ONLY: None.
10. PUBLIC COMMENT: Wally Rosenthal, Rosey Lane, requested a copy of the SLDO clean-up ordinance. Mr. Wynn stated he can have a copy of the ordinance once the Board of Supervisors authorize the ordinance be sent to the Bucks County Planning Commission for review.
11. PLANNING COMMISSION COMMENTS: Mr. Christ requested that a cordless microphone be available during the meetings.
12. PRESS CONFERENCE: None.
13. ADJOURNMENT: Upon motion by Mr. Carnes, seconded by Mr. Hansen and carried unanimously, the June 18, 2018 Hilltown Township Planning Commission meeting was adjourned at 8:02 PM.
Lorraine E. Leslie
(*NOTE: These minutes were transcribed from notes and recordings and should not be considered official until approved by the Planning Commission at a public meeting).