How Do I...?

HomeDepartmentsBuilding & Zoning


A Residential Building Permit is required for any residential new construction, addition, or alteration (including plumbing, electrical, or mechanical systems). For new construction a plot plan review, must be submitted to Township, as well as the Township Engineer before any permits can be issued. A Non-Residential Building Permit is required for any and all Non-Residential construction, alterations or change in use. All Building Permit Applications should be accompanied by detailed (2 sets) construction drawings. All non-residential construction plans are required by Commonwealth Law to be prepared by a licensed designer, architect or professional engineer.

The list below is a general guide for various types of projects; the list is not all-inclusive and is intended to be used only as a starting point. A Zoning Permit may need to accompany the building permit for some projects.

  • Basements, Kitchens, Bathroom Alterations/Additions
  • New House, New Deck, New Store, New Office Building
  • Change in Use
  • Re-Occupy a Commercial Space
  • Swimming Pools
  • Re-Roof (Roof Application)
  • Accessory Building >1000 sq. ft.
  • Demolition of a Building/Structure
  • Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical work

Some document(s) below require that you have installed the Adobe Reader, a free program that allows you to view portable document format (PDF) files right from your browser. If you do not have it already you can download directly from Adobe.

Get Acrobat Reader