PennDOT - District 6 News
Route 309 (Sellersville Bypass) Right Lane Closures Next Week for Survey, Shoulder Repair in Montgomery and Bucks Counties
Route 309 (Sellersville Bypass) motorists will encounter a weekday right lane closure in both directions between Unionville Pike and Reliance Road in Hatfield and Franconia townships and Souderton and Telford boroughs, Montgomery County, and Hilltown Township, Bucks County on Monday, November 11, through Friday, November 22, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM for survey and shoulder repair operations, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today.
The lane closures over the next several weeks will allow crews to reconstruct and pave the shoulders in order to shift traffic onto the temporary pavement before the end of the year under Stage 1 construction. Once the new pattern is in place, activities over the winter will include center median and inlet reconstruction in the southern section of the project limits.
Under this project, PennDOT’s contractor will reconstruct and rehabilitate the Route 309 corridor (Sellersville Bypass) from Unionville Pike in Hatfield Township, Montgomery County, to just north of Rich Hill Road in Richland Township, Bucks County. The improvement plan includes the following:
• Milling and overlay;
• Reconstructing shoulders;
• Installing new guide rail and median barrier;
• Replacing two bridge superstructures;
• Rehabilitating eight Route 309 bridges, four overhead bridges and four culverts;
• Repairing concrete ditches;
• Installing drainage improvements, new pavement markings and signs; and
• Integrating Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS).